Inside: Get a straightforward 4-ingredient recipe for Roasted Carrots With Thyme. This straightforward aspect dish is successful with my children!
My children already preferred carrots: uncooked, roasted, sautéed.
However including thyme remodeled them into one thing model new.
I obtained the thyme tip from my sister-in-law, who mentioned one thing alongside the strains of, “Belief me, it makes a giant distinction.”
She was proper! These carrots have now develop into a favourite aspect dish for our household, and my 14 yr previous usually helps himself to seconds.
Components for Roasted Carrots With Thyme
- Carrots: You possibly can use child carrots, however I desire bigger carrots for this aspect dish. Slice them at an angle for a reasonably look.
- Olive oil
- Salt: I like kosher salt for this recipe, as a result of it has greater, coarser granules. However be at liberty to make use of common desk salt.
- Thyme: I take advantage of dried, which I all the time have readily available. You possibly can substitute contemporary, you’ll simply wish to use extra (3 teaspoons contemporary versus 1 teaspoon dried).
Easy methods to Make Roasted Carrots With Thyme
Peel and slice carrots at an angle, I minimize them about 1/4-inch thick. I take advantage of roughly three cups of sliced carrots for this aspect dish.
Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. You possibly can toss them in a bowl with the oil and seasonings first, however why soiled an additional dish?
Unfold out the carrots on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they’re not overlapping. They’ll roast extra evenly that means. Overlapping veggies can find yourself steaming and never cooking nicely.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, giving them a stir midway by. We like them smooth however nonetheless a tiny bit agency. When you desire them very smooth and browner, maintain roasting (and peek at them usually in order that they don’t burn).
Questions About Roasted Carrots with Thyme
Can I take advantage of child carrots?
Sure, although you could have to roast them longer to get a smooth texture should you cook dinner them complete. You possibly can additionally slice child carrots in half lengthwise earlier than cooking, which might look good.
Can I take advantage of contemporary thyme as a substitute?
Sure! You’ll wish to use extra: about three teaspoons contemporary as a substitute of 1 teaspoon dried.
What does thyme style like?
It’s been described as earthy, minty, and barely candy. If it’s an unfamiliar taste to your children, use much less thyme than the recipe requires the primary time you make them.
Why are carrots good for youths?
Carrots are wealthy in vitamin A, which performs a component in imaginative and prescient and the immune system. The pigment that makes them orange can also be a disease-fighting compound.
What can I serve with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots with thyme makes an ideal aspect dish for absolutely anything. We eat them as a aspect for pork chops, rooster, and burgers, however they might additionally look fairly on a Thanksgiving desk.
What are different good veggie recipes for youths?
- 3 cups peeled carrots, minimize at an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Peel and minimize carrots at an angle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and thyme and toss once more. Unfold out carrots in a single layer on baking sheet, ensuring they do not overlap.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway and eradicating carrots after they’re barely browned and tender however nonetheless agency (roast longer if you would like them softer).
Really helpful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 62Complete Fats: 2gSaturated Fats: 0gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g