Johnson can fortunately depart Denmark having made historical past.
Gregory Johnson has been a relative mainstay on the annual Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Outfitted Open Powerlifting Championships for a short while now. Since 2015, the powerlifter has participated in three of those respective outfitted IPF contests (2015, 2017, 2021), notching his best-ever results of sixth place on the 2021 iteration. After rewriting the report books on the newest version, he could have lifted his debatable power magnum opus.
Throughout the 2022 IPF Outfitted World Championships on Nov. 16, 2022, in Viborg, Denmark, Johnson captured an outfitted World Document deadlift of 371.5 kilograms (819 kilos) within the 93-kilogram weight class. (Word: Because the competitors continues to be underway on the time of this writing, it’s unclear the place Johnson completed in his division.)
Because the clip of his feat exhibits, Johnson’s pleasure was palpable. The second he efficiently accomplished his lockout, a beaming smile appeared throughout Johnson’s face. After dropping his large barbell, he proceeded to do a brief dance earlier than dropping to his knees, then exploding in clear elation earlier than standing as much as hug two of the primary folks he noticed on the lifting platform.
An skilled powerlifter who has competed in some capability since February 2010, Johnson might be thought-about a jack-of-all-trades in the case of lifting set-ups. In keeping with Open Powerlifting, the athlete has participated in sanctioned lifting contests whereas competing uncooked, with wraps, and outfitted not less than as soon as in his 12-plus-year profession — most notably specializing in his uncooked and outfitted exploits.
Right here’s an outline of a few of the extra notable outcomes from Johnson’s prolonged profession:
Gregory Johnson | Notable Aggressive Outcomes
- 2011 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Panhandle Energy Video games (School/Uncooked) — First place | First profession victory
- 2012-2013 USAPL Aggie Showdown (Open/Uncooked and School/Outfitted) — First place
- 2013 IPF Traditional World Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Uncooked) — Third place
- 2014 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Juniors/Uncooked) — First place
- 2015 USAPL Males’s and Girls’s Nationals (Open/Outfitted) — Second place
- 2016 USAPL Winter Video games of Texas (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2017 USAPL thirty fifth Annual Open Nationwide Championship (Open/Outfitted) — Second place
- 2018 USAPL Texas Power Traditional (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2018 USAPL Open Nationals (Open/Outfitted) — First place
- 2021 USAPL Outfitted Nationals (Open/Outfitted) — Third place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — Sixth place
Right here’s a rundown of Johnson’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Gregory Johnson | All-Time Outfitted Competitors Bests
- Squat — 365 kilograms (804.7 kilos)
- Bench Press — 225 kilograms (496 kilos)
- Deadlift — 372.5 kilograms (821.2 kilos)
- Whole — 947.5 kilograms (2,088.8 kilos)
Johnson’s report pull is likely to be one in every of many stellar achievements and moments of unfiltered pleasure from the 2022 Outfitted Worlds. The competitors will formally finish on Nov. 20, 2022.
Featured picture: maroonroo on Instagram