Sharing the small print on my make money working from home workplace setup, plus my expertise with utilizing a strolling pad.
Hellooooo! How are ya and the way’s the morning going to this point? We’re again into actual life after our little journey and it felt good to have just a few days of normalcy. I’m so sick of restaurant and takeout meals, I inform ya. It’s additionally wonderful to have espresso at residence – Starbucks won’t ever be the identical to me.
This morning I’ve an thrilling podcast interview and am unpacking, and re-packing. 🙂 I’d love to listen to what you’re as much as!
For at this time’s put up, I wished to share my little make money working from home setup, plus my expertise utilizing a strolling pad. It’s helped me dramatically enhance my steps and exercise degree throughout longer work days, and I’m so pumped with this replace to the workplace!
My WFH (make money working from home) setup
My lil workplace house:
I’ve sufficient room in right here to meditate, work, stroll, or get in a fast exercise (like Sculpt Society).
Listed below are a number of the issues I’ve within the workplace:
– My beloved Peloton bike! Excellent for cardio exercises or shaking my legs out
– My PEMF Go Mat. I take advantage of this for meditation each morning, or once I really feel like I would like a recharge or Zen second. My full PEMF Go Mat evaluation put up is right here, and should you’d like one for your self, right here is the hyperlink! My code is FITNESSISTA15 for 15% off
– A normal desk. I like having this for shorter work classes or once I want to talk/current, like dwell recordings, course recordings, and extra formal Zoom calls. The desk and chair are from World Market however each offered out, since they’re years outdated.
– Triangle shelf (comparable right here) stuffed with photographs and the women’ art work.
– On the alternative wall (unpictured), I even have this e-book shelf, which has a few of my health and vitamin assets and the Pilot’s navy cash/flags/thingies.
TBH, I began to dread time within the workplace as a result of it normally meant that I’d be sitting for hours. I’m certain lots of you possibly can relate, however once I sit for hours, I really feel horrible afterwards. My muscle groups are creaky and my power degree plummets to the bottom.
As soon as I’m “within the zone,” it’s straightforward for me to get right into a time warp and work nonstop, however for longer duties, I undoubtedly must drive myself to do it. Having the strolling pad has made a WORLD of distinction. I don’t really feel daunted by giant duties (like watching a number of movies in a row) as a result of I’ve the possibility to maneuver whereas I’m doing it. I’ve additionally observed that my afternoon power is a lot better once I’m slowly strolling as a substitute of sitting for a very long time.
Some ideas for utilizing a strolling pad with an electrical desk:
(and a number of the issues I’ve needed to be taught the onerous method)
– Use sneakers! This was a studying level for me as a result of I do just about every little thing barefoot. The bottoms of my ft began to harm a bit, so I depart a pair of sneakers subsequent to the strolling pad. (I’m loving my Vivobarefoots proper now.)
– Add an extender to your Apple watch or your health band so you possibly can connect to your ankle if monitoring steps is vital to you.
– Watch your neck and modify the place of the desk as wanted. Ideally, our display must be in step with our eyes. This isn’t practical after we’re typing, however should you’re watching a video, attempt elevating the desk so that you don’t must bend your neck as a lot to view the display.
– Take breaks. It’s vital to take display breaks whether or not you’re strolling or seated. Give your eyes an opportunity to relaxation, go exterior, or just look away from the display and in all instructions. (Clearly watch out should you’re doing this whereas strolling lol.) I additionally wish to put on my blue mild blockers once I’m on screens after sundown, and through the day, I’ve f.lux on my laptop (which makes the display extra of a yellow hue so my retinas aren’t burning).
– Similar to anything, work as much as it! I undoubtedly do NOT stroll for hours per day – and it’s not my purpose as a result of I don’t need my physique to count on it – however I’m as much as the purpose the place I can stroll and kind for about an hour. Begin with 10-Quarter-hour and add on a bit every week till you attain your purpose time. You may as well use it to interrupt up longer seated classes, like strolling for 5-10 minutes each hour.
So there ya go!
What’s your work setup like? Do you work from home, or at an workplace?
I had been exploring some coworking areas in Tucson to change issues up a bit, however now that I’ve the strolling pad, I’ve been extra excited and motivated to make money working from home. 🙂 Additionally, we have now fairly good espresso, snacks, and the cutest Sheepadoodle curled up at my ft.