I’ve been discussing performance-related actions recently, like seeing my instances on native routes vs. the “Strava Leaderboard” for my 70-74 age group. However most of my coaching, most likely about 90%, is at a cushty tempo, whereas solely the remaining 10% is increased depth. This can be a typical coaching week for me recently:
“UH” means higher physique, onerous day, “LH” means decrease physique, onerous day, and E means simple restoration day. “S-” is a brief session whereas “L-” is an extended session. Due to my SI joint harm that I’m nonetheless rehabbing, all simple days and all “decrease physique days” are bike rides. Sooner or later, I’d prefer to throw some climbing into the combination. Higher physique is a warmup on my arm-cycling setup, adopted by a number of stations (chest press, row, shoulder press, pulldown) of each isometric train and single-set energy coaching, and ending with a cooldown stroll with hand weights. Decrease-body onerous days have longer intervals, shorter intervals, and a few on-bike energy coaching, with the rest being a brisk however simple regular tempo. These days, the quick rides have been round 60 minutes, whereas the longer rides range from 90 minutes to as a lot as 4 hours.
I’ve signed up for the “I Care Traditional” Century in Morgan Hill on Might 13, a charity experience for the Lions membership. The final century I did took 6 hours 47 minutes, so I must ramp up my longest experience of the week step by step to organize. Additionally, the route has some hills in it so I must do some extra hill climbing apply with my recumbent over the following few weeks.