Within the shadows and probably not a part of the overall narrative, is the connection between weight problems, Covid-19 and elevated threat ranges for these with a BMI within the ‘hazard’ zone – between 30-40+.
The Nationwide Well being Library and Information Service compiled this useful resource in response to the highest 5 questions they have been fielding from the Irish public.
From the authors, “The assets are listed in our estimated order of relevance to working towards healthcare professionals confronted with this state of affairs in an Irish context.”
1. What’s the threat of an individual with weight problems contracting COVID-19 in comparison with somebody with out weight problems?
2. What’s the threat of an individual with weight problems creating extreme sickness from COVID-19?
3. How is extreme sickness outlined for individuals with COVID-19 who’re overweight?
4. Do individuals with weight problems have the next mortality from COVID-19?
5. How does weight problems have an effect on kids with COVID-19? Rehabilitation post-COVID-19 for overweight sufferers?
In the event you’ve by no means measured your BMI, why not attempt our BMI calulator. Covid-19 and elevated threat ranges exists for these whose BMI is within the overweight class.
It is a detailed useful resource that addresses 5 vital questions in relation to Covid-19 and weight problems.
As extra knowledge is being compiled, particularly in relation to lengthy covid (a time period to explain the results of Covid-19 that proceed for weeks or months past the preliminary sickness), it’s extra essential than ever to evaluate one’s vulnerability.