Inside: Get a easy recipe for 4 ingredient protein balls which can be nice in lunchboxes or as a fast snack or dessert.
The dilemma: Everybody desires one thing fast to seize and eat. You’d like that one thing to supply diet, particularly for rising children.
Round right here, I clear up this by having some sort of home made snack bar or chunk readily available, which might rapidly pinch-hit for breakfast, a lunchbox deal with, straightforward wholesome snack, or perhaps a satisfying two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making these no bake power bites for a very long time, normally as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I usually have all the straightforward elements in my pantry, and conserving a “little one thing” like this round tends to make my week a bit simpler.
I believe these no bake power balls style a bit like peanut butter cookie dough. In addition they remind me of the peanut butter Good Bar (however price so much much less!). Right here’s the straightforward recipe.
Elements in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter: I exploit creamy pure peanut butter, that’s made with solely peanuts and salt. It’s also possible to use almond butter or cashew butter as a substitute.
- Oats: I just like the chew of old school rolled oats, however you need to use fast oats as effectively.
- Powdered milk: Discover this within the baking aisle. The type at my retailer is nonfat. This offers added texture to the power bites.
- Honey: You possibly can swap this for pure maple syrup for those who want.
How To Make 4 Ingredient Protein Balls
Mix all elements in a medium mixing bowl and stir effectively. (You don’t want a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination appears too dry to roll into balls, add a bit of little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle at a time, till it’s the correct consistency. If it’s too moist, add a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is a bit of sticky if you’re rolling it, having barely moist arms could make this simpler.
If you happen to’d like so as to add chocolate chips, stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, which I believe work finest with these bites.
I like to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct amount, then use your arms to roll them into balls. You possibly can put them place on a baking sheet as you’re making them or straight right into a sealed container. I get about 12 snack bites with one recipe, 24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made by evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I hold it in my pantry to make Selfmade Sizzling Cocoa Combine. It’s also possible to add it to recipes to present some additional calcium and protein, resembling:
What can I exploit moreover powdered milk?
If you happen to don’t have powdered milk, you too can use protein powder (resembling vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (resembling PB2) as a substitute.
Can I exploit maple syrup as a substitute of honey?
Sure, simply swap the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make these vegan?
To make these peanut butter power balls vegan, swap out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder, sweeten them with maple syrup as a substitute of honey, and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do these bites have?
Every of those 4-ingredient protein balls accommodates about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my listing of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer these 4 ingredient protein balls?
Preserve these protein balls in an hermetic container. You possibly can hold them at room temperature, however I believe they style finest stored within the fridge. They’re finest eaten inside every week or so.
Different concepts for swaps & substitutions
- Swap a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds, floor flax seed, or hemp seeds for additional wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as a substitute of peanut butter to make these nut-free and peanut-free (examine labels on all different elements to be secure)
- Swap chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate power bites
- Commerce mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Made with simply 4 elements, these No Bake Peanut Butter Balls are a satisfying snack or candy deal with.
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all elements. (f the consistency is not fairly roll-able, add extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the correct texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Serving Measurement: 1 ball
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 106Complete Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g